Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into software design.
- Drive teams and ensure the overall integrity of the software design and validate it against the system architecture.
- Actively participate in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases.
- Actively participate in the design and development phases to ensure successful delivery of all Sysco innovation projects.
- Monitor key results and generate metrics across the project portfolio.
- Must travel as necessary in support of the UK wide scope.
- Build strong relationship across the Sysco hierarchy and mentor US and SL based team members; identify new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth.
- A first degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- A minimum of ten years of work experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Preferably TOGAF certified.
- Extensive experience working with and providing solutions for US Fortune 500 clients with significant on-site experience; experience working with offshore teams.
- Proficiency in architecting and designing enterprise software systems and products.
- Ability to understand non-functional requirements, technical documents, test plans and business cases and develop high-level solution outlines of incorporating business, application, data and security requirements.
- Sound knowledge in enterprise integration patterns and usages.
- Experience in enterprise integrations with different ERP / Systems.
- Experience in project estimation techniques, architecture and design patterns, and performance engineering.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
- Prior experience in SAP related integrations and knowledge in SAP architecture is very desirable.
- Willingness to work in UK based hours.