Sysco Labs is a technology innovation center of Sysco Corporation, the world’s largest food service company. Sysco serves over 700,000 businesses in Europe and across the USA through its team of over 65,000 employees. Based in the Silicon Valley with engineering centers in Austin, Texas and Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sysco Labs is using technology to revolutionize the experience of all of Sysco’s customers across the food service process.
We are currently on the lookout for a Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer (Java) to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the worlds largest corporations involved in marketing and distributing of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scales for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software life-cycle – from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 3-4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- Excellent understanding of Java Enterprise patterns, integration patterns and enterprise engineering best practices.
- Experience in writing test driven code for backend services.
- Experience in working with middleware frameworks like J2EE/JEE, Spring or Play! Framework environments.
- Extensive experience in SQL, performance tuning of SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.