We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance.
Our cutting edge end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company.
As Sysco’s key technology partner we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation center at Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the worlds largest corporations involved in marketing and distributing of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scales for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and involve with projects in their full software lifecycle from development, QA, deployment and to post-production support.
What you need to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 1-5 years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- Excellent understanding of Java Enterprise patterns, integration patterns, and enterprise engineering best practices.
- Experience in writing test driven code for backend services.
- Experience in working with middleware frameworks like J2EE/JEE, Spring or Play!Framework environments.
- Extensive experience in SQL, performance tuning of SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and softskills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success.