Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for an Software Engineer to join our team.
- Design and develop enterprise-grade, mission-critical products and solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations.
- Produce high quality, high stability code and designs by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 1-3 years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- A strong programming and software engineering background.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting production systems.
- Adherence to engineering standards, best practices – be process oriented.
- Strong communication skills – reading & comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.