Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior /Site Reliability Engineer to join our team.
- Provide reactive and proactive support through troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking and detecting root cause(s) based on SLAs for infrastructure issues.
- Ensure systems are fully operational and any loss of service is restored within SLAs.
- Engage and coordinate with stakeholders such as engineering teams and 3rd parties during the issue resolution process.
- Provide solutions to technical problems for systems patching, deploying, managing, and integrating with other/third-party products and server platforms or networks.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and product enhancements to improve efficiency.
- Propose ideas and solutions within the application/infrastructure teams to reduce the workload by automation.
- Manage and maintain the existing application/infrastructure test environments, ensuing they are up-to-date by working/coordinating with the relevant teams.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Analyze, track, and resolve stakeholder questions in a prompt manner.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or an equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years of Enterprise level technical/software/application support experience.
- Experience with integrating, providing support and troubleshooting, and identifying the root cause of issues in dynamic environments, while working cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly sift through artifacts/data to get to the root cause.
- Experience in managing and scaling distributed systems in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience in Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies.
- Strong self-motivation and flexibility, and the willingness to accept additional responsibilities as they develop.
- Ability to work in a roster-based environment including night shifts and weekend shifts.
- Experience in DevOps concepts, tools, and automation capabilities.