Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 2-4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- A strong programming and software engineering background (java is preferred).
- Strong knowledge on required building blocks for Microservice based architectures such as API gateways, API lifecycle management, authentication, configuration management etc.
- Strong knowledge about enterprise integration patterns that covers synchronous and asynchronous integrations.
- Hands on experience in AWS cloud computing infrastructure.
- Experience designing application architectures that are robust, scalable and high performance.
- Experience in an agile environment and aligning Pod members on technical vision and path to implementation.
- A strong desire to continue to grow your skillset.
- Strong communication skills that is influential and convincing.
- The knowledge and desire to work on Open Source/Commercial API management platforms such as WSO2, Kong, AWS will be an added advantage.