Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
As Support Knowledge Lead, you will be part of Sysco’s Incident and Change management team based in Sri Lanka and be responsible for developing and managing support knowledge articles for Sysco’s ITSM teams in Sri Lanka, North America and Europe.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Support Knowledge team in Sri Lanka.
- Design and own the Support ‘Knowledge Tree’ and acquire tools as needed.
- Own and manage knowledge repositories and technologies for capturing, storing and retrieving knowledge.
- Coach and mentor all technical staff on capturing and updating of knowledge repositories.
- Design and plan changes to system functions to provide tools necessary for the efficient function of the Support knowledge team, knowledge contributors and consumers.
- Define knowledge requirements of the Support team and wider areas of the business as required.
- Set standards for knowledge artifacts and ensure the standards are met.
- Author/create & edit knowledge artifacts as required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support handling emails, incidents and phone calls supporting technology products.
- Previous working experience as a technical writer will be an added advantage.
- Experience with knowledge storage forms other than written forms.
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality written artefacts.
- Experience as a technical author or knowledge manager in a large technology enterprise.
- Knowledge of technology estates and technologies across multiple platforms.
- Ability to re-structure large information sets into end-consumer focused partitions.
- In-depth product knowledge and how products are used in customer situations.