Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
As Support Knowledge Lead, you will be part of Sysco’s Incident and Change management team based in Sri Lanka and be responsible for developing and managing support knowledge articles for Sysco’s ITSM teams in Sri Lanka, North America and Europe.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Support Knowledge team in Sri Lanka.
- Design and own the Support ‘Knowledge Tree’ and acquire tools as needed.
- Own and manage knowledge repositories and technologies for capturing, storing and retrieving knowledge.
- Coach and mentor all technical staff on capturing and updating of knowledge repositories.
- Design and plan changes to system functions to provide tools necessary for the efficient function of the Support knowledge team, knowledge contributors and consumers.
- Define knowledge requirements of the Support team and wider areas of the business as required.
- Set standards for knowledge artifacts and ensure the standards are met.
- Author/create & edit knowledge artifacts as required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support handling emails, incidents and phone calls supporting technology products.
- Previous working experience as a technical writer will be an added advantage.
- Experience with knowledge storage forms other than written forms.
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality written artefacts.
- Experience as a technical author or knowledge manager in a large technology enterprise.
- Knowledge of technology estates and technologies across multiple platforms.
- Ability to re-structure large information sets into end-consumer focused partitions.
- In-depth product knowledge and how products are used in customer situations.