Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
Marketing at Sysco LABS is a subtle science and leverages branding and communications to influence, impact and transform perceptions, both within and outside the organization. The marketing team works on projects from employer branding, to internal communications, to shaping company culture, and employ a combination of unbridled creativity and informed risk-taking to reimagine perceptions that not only help shape the brand, but also the way we work.
We are currently on the lookout for a Team Lead/ Senior Team Lead – Marketing to join our team.
- Create and implement a “best-in-class” content marketing strategy.
- Review existing content strategies and support the development of an updated content strategy that will position us as an employer of choice including content calendar, distribution channels and reporting metrics.
- Strong writing skills to generate thought-leading content based on industry trends and topics.
- Manage all aspects of Sysco LABS social media platforms.
- Make campaigns top of mind, ensuring our content is seen by our target audience and act as an advisor on digital and social marketing strategies.
- Prepare monthly and campaign specific reports with metrics that communicate quality, KPIs, audience growth goals, and channel engagement.
- Perform work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Handle day-to-day responsibilities with minimal supervision; needs to be organized and self-sufficient; prioritizes and completes tasks to meet deadlines without supervision.
- 3+ years of experience in content creation and online/digital marketing; exposure to the IT industry will be a distinct advantage.
- MUST HAVE portfolio or samples to show, including video, graphics, and writing.
- MUST HAVE advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, AND Premiere Pro.
- A proven ability in developing and driving digital marketing strategies.
- A deep understanding of audience behavior in the online space.
- Proficiency with multiple Social Media platforms; graphic design experience a plus
- Degree from a recognized foreign or local university is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience at a recognized local or international Marketing Agency will be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow-up on tasks and drive through to completion.
- Attention to detail, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Passion, initiative, and the hunger to succeed.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe.