Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
Software Engineering at Sysco LABS is driven by innovation and a strong proclivity towards engineering excellence, employing cutting-edge technology to design and build the technologies that are poised to change the face of the global foodservice industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Lead – OpenText, Media Management to join our team.
- Maintain, upscale and ensure robustness of Sysco’s central Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform.
- Communicate with internal client teams to identify requirements and design architecturally sound interfaces to facilitate their needs.
- Guide your team to build and deliver features around the DAM platform in terms of APIs and browser-based interfaces to cater for client requirements.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 4+ years of experience of cloud-based application and RESTful API development with in-depth knowledge of the Java/Spring eco-system.
- Experience in building solutions on top of AWS technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, ECS, Elasticsearch, S3, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation and others.
- Expertise in data modeling, relational design using RDBMS and NoSQL (DynamoDB & MongoDB).
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies (AWS CodePipeline, GoCD, Jenkins).
- Expertise in technologies like Terraform and generic serverless frame-works.
- Expertise in deploying solutions using Docker containers, EKS, and Fargate, and familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of software versioning and repository management using Git.
- Experience with multiple architecture styles including API-first and micro-services architectures.
- Experience working with enterprise level Document Management Systems, Media Management/Digital Asset Management systems will be an added benefit.
- Full-stack experience in software development – exposure to modern web frameworks such as React/Redux will be an added advantage.