Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Lead to join our team.
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Architect and implement scalable software solutions and document design decisions.
- Carry out detailed technical designing of software solutions.
- Scope and break-down user stories into clear and achievable technical tasks.
- Implement technical designs including coding, calling existing services, creating new components, etc.
- High standard of engineering quality through code reviews, unit tests, and analytics.
- Ensure engineering principles and related processes are adhered to.
- Give constructive feedback to team members via code reviews and architectural reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications and managing teams.
- In-depth understanding of the technology stack, e.g.: HTTP, browser/JS engine architecture, Relational and NoSQL databases, Linux, containers/virtual machines etc.
- Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable web applications.
- Familiar with a variety of software patterns and principles.
- Database skills – understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data such as implemented code against several different database platforms: RDBMS, NoSQL, and shared storage.
- Experience with DevOps practices and working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficient understanding of agile processes, CI/CD, and code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills, and the ability to exercise mature judgment.