What you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out hardware certification.
- Lead a high caliber Engineering team specializing in Hardware and Software integration.
- Evaluate hardware configurations and make key decisions; propose solutions based on hardware benchmarking.
- Configuration of laboratory systems as necessary for testing and troubleshooting hardware platforms, applications, peripherals and product functionality.
- Ensure that physical devices such as POS units with touch screens, magnetic stripe readers, scanners, bar code readers, routers, printers and tablets (iOS and Android platforms) are performing to maximum potential.
- Liaise with different product delivery teams to integrate software, firmware and hardware upgrades.
- Sign off and certify hardware devices and recommend minimum configurations with respect to Memory, OS and Driver Versions.
- Experiment and evaluate hardware devices, device drivers and supporting software to determine optimum combination with respect to stability, performance and security
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical /Electronic Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Willingness to travel overseas at short notice.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience on designing, debugging and problem solving using Java/C/C++/scripting in a Linux environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, design patterns and driver software.
- Experience/willingness to experiment/troubleshoot/evaluate with hardware devices, device drivers, supporting software and choose the best combination for stability, performance and security.
- Sound knowledge of communication protocols such as USB, Serial, Bluetooth, NFC, wireless and Ethernet.
- Ability to grasp and comprehend the specifications on hardware, firmware, drivers, communication protocols, security protocols and provide best solution for the superior customer satisfaction.