We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance.
Our cutting edge end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company.
As Sysco’s key technology partner we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation centre within Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
We are looking for a seasoned senior executive with extensive experience together with the required maturity to spearhead our Delivery effort. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with on-site teams in the US and the SL based delivery organization to ensure that our delivery org runs perennially like a well-oiled machine.
What you will be responsible for
- Provide overall delivery leadership to multiple teams across the organization.
- Responsible for driving the adoption of best in class delivery practices.
- Translate business strategy into actionable items and work with stakeholders to ensure key business outcomes are met.
- Work with offshore and onshore business and technical teams in order to ensure strict quality standards are maintained and software is delivered on time and to budget.
- Proven ability to promote ideas and proposals persuasively; shape stakeholder opinions and project a positive image of delivery services to clients and partners.
- Work through conflicts and negotiate lasting solutions to develop positive relationships.
- Mentor and guide a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts to ensure continuous improvement and foster a culture of excellence.
- Introduce best practices across multiple disciplines like Software Development, Operations, Quality, Infrastructure, Support and Product Management.
What you need to have to apply for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field together with a Master’s degree or MBA.
- Scrum Master certification or a PMP qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the IT industry with at least 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
- Expert knowledge of Agile techniques and proven expertise with SCRUM; familiarity with other Project Management methodologies is a plus.
- Possess a track record of delivering large projects of various complexity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with continuous flux.
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively drive results, improve productivity while increasing team morale.
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations in the US at short notice.
Why You Should Join
- A very attractive USD compensation package together with a health and benefits scheme.
- The opportunity to lead technology innovation and provide cutting edge solutions for one of the largest companies in the world.
- Fast career growth, recognition and the possibility of a senior leadership role based on performance.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment.