Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
At Sysco LABS, Agile is a part of the organizational fabric and permeates our culture at every level. As we’ve scaled in size, process implementation has become vital to our overall growth and we continue to implement change initiatives and evolving as an Agile organization. We are looking for an intern (1 year) in our process team which is on a mission to lead change and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within an agile environment at Sysco LABS.
- Learn enterprise software development guidelines and help perform offline assessments of teams via state-of-the-art agile project management tools, engineering and quality dashboards.
- Be involved in the reporting, analysis and presentation of that analysis to provide senior management insights into potential areas of risk.
- Get trained on Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc. via assisting Trainers to execute training programs on Agile across the organization, which are benchmarked to industry standards.
- Support the process team to define, design and implement an organization wide Agile improvements strategy.
- Practically engage in process improvements by improving process team operations and assist in automation activities
- Undergraduate reading for a degree or equivalent qualification, (preferably in the field of Information Systems/Technology, Software Engineering, Business Management, or Project Management, but not limited to these areas). Candidates in their final year or year of internship in sandwich degree programs preferred.
- Interest in project management/Agile methodologies and basic awareness of same.
- Good communication and presentation skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Knowledge of software engineering and testing principles, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Professional certifications such as PMI-CAPM, CSM (Certified Scrum Master), ITIL would be a definite advantage.