Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Software Architect to join our team.
- Participate in the architecture review process to ensure system requirements are met in the architecture.
- Evaluate system integration options and recommend the appropriate use of integration patterns.
- Drive teams and ensure the overall integrity of the software design and validate it against the system architecture.
- Build the technical capabilities of the engineering organization.
- Build strong relationships across the Sysco hierarchy and mentor US and SL based team members; identify new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth.
- Actively participate in business value assessment, business requirements elaboration, design phases of research and development projects.
- A degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- A minimum of ten years of work experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven capabilities in designing, developing, maintaining, troubleshooting and refactoring complex, large scale mission critical systems for international clients.
- On-site client visits linked experience and expertise in working with international teams and clients is required.
- Proven capabilities in estimation, risk assessment and tracking of complex technical tasks and delivering on time and with quality.
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.