Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Tech Lead / Associate Tech Lead (ML) to join our team.
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Working and managing tight knit agile teams developing robust mobile, web, and enterprise solutions.
- Implementing distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adherence to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Collaborating in a cross functional team, in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adherence to DevOps principles and being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, deployment, to post-production support.
- Developing machine learning applications according to the given requirements.
- Designing and developing applications for efficient test data management.
- Using machine learning to design and develop applications to increase the efficiency of Quality Engineering tools.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 4-5+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications, and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- In-depth understanding of the technology stack, e.g. HTTP, browser/JS engine architecture, relational and NoSQL databases, Linux, containers/virtual machines.
- Familiarity with mobile application development will be an advantage (iOS and/or Android).
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Possesses technical knowledge and skills in test data management.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS.
- Familiarity with Quality Engineering process and practices.