THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are on the lookout for an Architect – Data Engineering to lead multiple teams of data engineers across the organization and contribute to the global success of a Fortune 100 company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Actively participating in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases
- Translating business requirements into system specifications
- Architecting data solutions/platforms related to, but not limited to batch data and streaming data processing, APIs (data-as-a-service), data lakes and data warehouses, to meet system specifications and driving multiple teams to deliver quality solutions and validating them against the solution architecture
- Actively participating in detailed design and development phases to ensure successful delivery of all data engineering-related projects
- Collaborating and working with agile, cross-functional offshore and onshore business and technical teams to ensure deliverables are achieved on time and within budget while maintaining strict quality standards
- Introducing and maintaining best practices across multiple data engineering disciplines like Data Lakes/Data Warehousing and batch processing, streaming and real-time data processing, API for data-as-a-service, data quality, etc. and adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions
- Building strong relationships across the Sysco hierarchy and mentoring and guiding multiple engineering teams from different disciplines to ensure continuous improvement and foster a culture of excellence
- Researching new cutting-edge technologies and platforms for data solutions and applying them as necessary, for the benefit of the business
- A minimum of seven years’ work experience along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/equivalent or a minimum of five years’ work experience along with a Master’s Degree in a related area. Work experience gained in developing enterprise data solutions related to, but not limited to batch data and streaming data processing, APIs (data-as-a-service), data lakes and data warehouses with at least 3-4 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- Experience in project estimation techniques, architecture and design patterns and performance engineering
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions
- Hands-on experience in working with large volumes of data and distributed processing frameworks (such as Apache Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink) and building state for streaming data
- Hands-on experience in data modelling, design and development of ETLs to batch process large volumes of data (experience in commercial ETL tools such as Informatica will be an added advantage)
- Hands-on experience in working with different types of databases; large relational storage engines (MySql and AWS RDS) and distributed storage engines (HDFS/Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud tools such as S3, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience in API development to provide data-as-a-service (REST, Bulk and Streaming APIs)
- Experience in the design and development of Data Quality processes and standards
- Working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment and DevOps practices, as well as prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS will be an added advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.