THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are on the lookout for an Associate Product Manager to work amongst a team of diverse technologists who are transforming the future of a trillion-dollar, global industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Being the subject matter expert on all our Platform initiatives and how they impact customers and Knocks products and shared services
- Ensuring cross-functional team alignment on product priorities, roadmap creation, product execution/delivery, and customer activation
- Conducting product research, gathering feedback and intelligence from a number of sources to inform product opportunities, including customer feedback, market research, competitive positioning, and other software verticals
- Product planning by working with the product and engineering leadership, and tech leads to define, size, and create and commit to a technical roadmap focused on engineering initiatives and customer value creation
- Anticipating and advising on trade-offs and balances of business needs versus technical constraints
- Managing product delivery by partnering with engineering to drive operational performance by holding teams accountable for quality and timeliness to execute the deliverables that have been agreed upon between teams
- Performing product usage measurement by utilizing data to inform priorities and product decisions
- Using a data-driven approach to effectively answer business questions ranging from UX research to market sizing, to product utilization
- Being knowledgeable on competitive markets and industry forecasts
- 3+ years in a Technical Product Owner or TPM role for a software platform or SaaS company
- A solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies - must have a strong technical aptitude with an ability to understand technical requirements
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience defining short and long-term product strategies and execution
- Experience shipping products with large initiatives with complex requirements and dependencies before
- Strong communication skills with high attention to detail - demonstrated experience presenting information to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to use data - whether it’s research, measuring usage, or how data is an asset
- The ability to ask questions, gather feedback, and distill all of the noise into clear priorities with a winning strategy
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.