- Researching, evaluating, and recommending DevOps tools across multiple technologies for multiple development teams.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems that need to be supported for 24x7 uptime.
- Ensuring critical system security using best-in-class cloud security solutions.
- Coaching development teams in DevOps practices and guiding the team to implement effective DevOps.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 4+ years DevOps experience.
- A strong knowledge of AWS cloud computing and AWS DevOps tools.
- Strong knowledge in fundamental DevOps tools such as AWS DevOps tools, Terraform, Jenkins, GoCD, GitHub, Nagios, Chef etc.
- Strong knowledge of containerization of software packages using solutions such as Dockerization, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing, and troubleshooting DevOps tools in production systems.
- Adherence to engineering standards, best practices – you must be process oriented.
- Strong communication skills – reading & comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.