THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 700,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, Sysco generated over $68 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
The Engineer – Data Engineering, will work on data solutions and more, collaborating with a cross-functional team to support the objectives of the data engineering function at Sysco LABS.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- The design and development of data solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products
- Implementing distributed and highly available data processing applications that scale for enterprise demands
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- Adhering to DevOps principles and being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 1-2 years of experience in developing enterprise-grade data processing applications
- A strong programming background in data ops (Python, Shell, SQL)
- Experience in processing large volumes of data
- Hands-on experience in working with relational/NoSQL databases and distributed storage engines (HDFS, S3, Redshift)
- Hands-on experience in ETL design and development using ETL tools (Preferably Informatica and cloud tools such as AWS Data Pipelines, Glue, Lambda, EMR, Spark, Hive)
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment, and knowledge of DevOps practices
- Experience in code management and CICD tools such as GitHub, Gitlab, Jenkins
- Experience in an Agile environment and aligning Pod members on technical vision and path to implementation
- A strong desire to continue to grow your skillset
- Strong communication skills that are influential and convincing
- Experience in the following will be advantageous:
- Working with streaming data (using tools such as Kenisis, Kafka, Storm, Spark)
- API development and user interfaces and related tools (NodeJS, AngularJS, HTML) will be an added advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.