THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for Incident Managers to join our Technology Operations team and contribute to the seamless operation of enterprise-level applications and hundreds of complex systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Owning the incident management process and ensuring system incidents are coordinated and resolved via adhering to the best practices to minimize business impact
- Being the primary point of contact for all major incidents for all systems, infrastructure, and connectivity issues at Sysco
- Monitoring the incidents and managing workload in their respective queues to ensure that Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements are respected
- Initiating and managing escalation of information and expectations by ensuring appropriate levels of communication to management and key stakeholders
- Providing Post Incident Reviews and Post Incident Communications for major incidents with a focus on identifying process or operational improvements
- Ensuring that incidents assigned to relevant support groups are resolved and that service is restored
- Following up on unresolved long-standing problems and trending issues to ensure proper root cause analysis is done and permanent fixes are put in place
- Getting involved in providing continuous feedback to refine incident management procedures and contributing to the knowledge base
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or an equivalent qualification
- 6+ years of experience in the industry and 2+ years in the capacity of Incident Management
- Experience and knowledge of incident management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exposure to large-scale organizational technical operations/business consulting efforts
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand organizational structure and challenges
- Familiarity with Agile practices and tools
- Strong analytical, logical thinking and decision-making skills
- Superior English language and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Incident management certification is an added advantage
- ITIL certification is an added advantage
- The ability to operate on a 24x7 roster basis
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.