THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 700,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, Sysco generated over $68 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
Sysco LABS Marketing is responsible for the company’s branding, corporate communications, content creation, digital media and organizing different events. The team manages all Sysco LABS digital channels and is involved in the strategy and creation of a variety of communications content. The Intern – Marketing will report to the Creative Director – Marketing, and support the team with fulfilling its roles and responsibilities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Collaborating with the team on digital media strategy and management; including brainstorming content ideas and supporting the digital media team
- Being a TikTok and Instagram hero, creating buzz-worthy content to promote Sysco LABS
- Organizing corporate and industry events, and company events to improve employee engagement and collaboration
- Collaborating with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team to plan and execute initiatives that align with our DEI strategy and goals
- Working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and handling day-to-day responsibilities paying close attention to detail
- Using your analytical skills to derive insights from data and create engaging and informative communications
- Researching and summarizing complex topics with ease
- Collaborating with colleagues in other teams to meet the department and company’s marketing and communications objectives
- Pursuing a degree in Psychology, Sociology, Communications, Business Administration, or a similar field (or have some excellent skills in these areas)
- Experience in digital media marketing and event management
- Having a strong online presence on TikTok (extra points if you're a TikToker)
- Being a number-crunching wizard, able to derive insights from data like a pro
- Having amazing verbal and written English communication skills
- Being passionate about DEI, and eager to learn more
- Having intellectual curiosity and the ability to work independently
- Able to research and summarize complex or extensive subject matter; organizing information and being able to clearly articulate ideas
- A keen eye for detail and exposure to creative writing and social media content creation
- Experience with photography and graphic editing applications like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator will be an added advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Exposure to the corporate culture of a Fortune 100 company
- An opportunity to work with and learn from industry specialists, and develop professionally in your chosen field
- Opportunities to network and build lasting professional relationships
- A progressive environment that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.