What you will be responsible for:
- Learning enterprise software development guidelines and helping to perform offline assessments of teams via state-of-the-art agile project management tools, engineering and quality dashboards
- Getting involved in the reporting, analysis and presentation of that analysis to give senior management insights into potential areas of risk
- Getting trained on agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, etc. via assisting Trainers to execute training programs on Agile across the organization, which are benchmarked to industry standards
- Supporting the process team to define, design and implement an organization-wide Agile improvements strategy
- Practically engaging in process improvements by improving process team operations and assisting in automation activities
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Must be an undergraduate reading for a Degree or equivalent qualification (preferably in the field of Information Systems/Technology, Software Engineering, Business Management or Project Management but not limited to); Candidates in their final year or year of internship in sandwich degree programs preferred
- Should have an interest in project management/agile methodologies and basic awareness of same
- Good communication and presentation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Knowledge of software engineering and testing principles, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Professional certifications such as PMI-CAPM, CSM (Certified Scrum Master) and ITIL would be a definite advantage
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.