THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
The Intern - Procurement will work with the Associate Team Lead – Procurement to support the team with a variety of business requirements while gaining exposure to a wide range of technology company needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Identifying potential suppliers/partners that could be beneficial for the Company in fulfilling its business needs
- Negotiating with suppliers regarding terms that establish quality over cost, credit over cash and short-term benefits over long-term relationships
- Preparing estimates/costings as required
- Assisting with obtaining a minimum of 3 quotations from suppliers
- Conducting supplier analysis and maintaining procurement database
- Maintaining accurate Records, Documentation and Preparation of MIS (Management Information) Reports when required
- Travelling to supplier locations when required
- Must be a graduate or undergraduate specialized in the fields of Logistics and Administration/Finance/Supply Chain Management or part qualified in CIPS/CIMA or hold a Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- An excellent command of the English Language (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in tender sales would be an added advantage
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills and commitment for quality
- Good communication and effective negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholder requirements
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Exposure to the corporate culture of a Fortune 100 company
- An opportunity to work with and learn from industry specialists, and develop professionally in your chosen field
- Opportunities to network and build lasting professional relationships
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.