- Design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations.
- Implementing distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhering to DevOps principles and being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, and deployment to post-production support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding and experience in Java development.
- Experience in React, Redux and SPA development standards.
- Experience in Spring Boot and API development practices.
- Excellent understanding of Java Enterprise patterns, integration patterns, and enterprise engineering best practices.
- Experience in writing test driven code for both server and client applications.
- Experience in working with middleware frameworks like J2EE/JEE and Spring or Play! Framework environments.
- Familiarity in AWS services and prior experience in working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS level services.
- Experience with multi-view, routed single page JS applications.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Extensive experience in SQL, performance tuning of SQL, and RDBMS technologies.
- Familiarity with Postgres and AWS Aurora will be an added advantage.
- Experience in ETL tools and ability to write ETL jobs will be an added advantage.
- Experience in AWS Lambda and Serverless development will be and added advantage.
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.