- Being a project facilitator who guides cross-functional teams in executing the principles of the Scrum framework practiced by Sysco LABS
- Conducting all Scrum ceremonies including effective planning sessions, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives and promoting team ownership
- Removing impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has committed for a given sprint
- Reviewing progress, identifying risks/issues and working with stakeholders to resolve them to achieve sprint commitments
- Provides experience and insights for the Product Manager and team in the creation and ongoing management of the product backlog
- Provides insight into the priorities through an understanding of technical issues and identifying dependencies on other teams and finding ways to close gaps in execution
- Coaching new joinees on the team to bring them up to speed on the Agile processes practiced by the team, identifying gaps in knowledge and working with the leadership to address them effectively
- Bringing in suggestions to continuously improve the productivity of the team
- Working closely with other process governing teams to make sure the team’s metrics are accurately reflected on various dashboards
- 3-5 years of experience in the role of a Scrum Master in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT; a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Professional certifications such as CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) is a must and certifications such as PMP will be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other agile development frameworks
- Strong understanding of Agile Project Management Tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and MS Project
- Business domain knowledge and a technical background will be highly advantageous
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills together with a commitment to all-round quality
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.