- Provide data engineering support for scheduled data loads into Finance applications such as SAP BPC and others as necessary.
- Perform troubleshooting on ETL data loads for both Sales and Finance.
- Work with initiative leads, product teams, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, and technical support groups to deliver value to the business.
- Deliver ETL and related components as specified in the design for both functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time, and quality standards.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new ETLs, and related components; make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery.
- Perform unit testing of ETLs and related components and document test results.
- Complete code reviews for ETLs and related components, and complete documentation of issues identified and action items.
- Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to development integration testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, end-to-end testing, and performance testing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in the development of data integration solutions using ETL tools (preferably Informatica PowerCenter).
- 3+ years of experience in the IT industry with relational database management systems (RDBMS) and AWS Cloud Services such as Redshift and S3.
- Very good SQL skills – DB2/ Oracle /SQL Server/MySQL
- Hands-on experience in scripting such as Shell Scripts and SQL.
- Experience in executing/monitoring ETL jobs/ routines and data engineering support for production environments.
- Excellent ETL job monitoring and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent team player – must be able to work with data engineering and SAP Business Warehouse teams.
- Ability to do Performance Tuning on SQL and ETL platforms.
- Experience working with large data sets and analyzing huge volumes of data would be an added advantage.
- Experience with Finance projects would be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
At Sysco LABS, Agile is a part of the organizational fabric and permeates our culture at every level. As we’ve scaled in size, process implementation has become vital to our overall growth and we continue to implement change initiatives and evolving as an Agile organization.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Associate to join the process team with a good understanding of agile delivery to collaborate, lead change, and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within an agile environment at Sysco LABS.