THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing and developing enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations
- Implementing distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- Adhering to DevOps principles and being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 2 - 4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications, and in managing teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Restful Web API design
- Experience in NodeJS/Java ecosystem with a good understanding of asynchronous/synchronous programming
- Experience in frontend technology such as ReactJS with a good understanding in frontend state management and side-effect handling
- Experience in relational or NoSQL database design, querying and performance tuning
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment
- Possesses technical knowledge and skills in test data management
- Familiarity with Machine Learning will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS
- Familiarity with Quality Engineering processes and practices
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.