THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer/ Software Engineer - iOS to join our team and contribute to the revolutionization of a trillion-dollar, global industry, through technology.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working on apps that revolutionize customer interaction at Sysco
- Being responsible for driving the development process from conception to release in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- Contributing to developing the future of Sysco’s customer experience aspirations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and for Software Engineer 1-2 years and for Senior Software Engineer 2 - 4 years of experience developing on native iOS
- A passion for iOS and a commitment to building award-winning apps
- Proficiency in Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with RxSwift, RxCocoa and MVVM preferred
- Experience with FRP (Functional Reactive Programming) preferred
- A solid understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with publishing apps to Apple App Store
- A passion for building consumer facing applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Knowledge on Node.js, GraphQL and Apollo is an added advantage
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and co-workers alike
- A passion for code-quality and expertise in usability, and mobile standards
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.