THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Technical Lead to join us and work with our team to deliver world-class enterprise applications!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing and developing enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products
- Implementing distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands
- Architecting and implementing scalable software solutions and documenting design decisions
- Carrying out detailed technical designing of software solutions
- Scoping and breaking down user stories into clear and achievable technical tasks
- Implementing technical design including coding, calling existing services and creating new components, etc.
- Ensuring a high standard of engineering quality through code reviews, unit tests, and analytics
- Ensuring engineering principles and related processes are adhered to
- Giving constructive feedback to team members via code reviews and architectural reviews
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications and managing teams
- An in-depth understanding of the technology stack, e.g.: HTTP, browser/JS engine architecture, relational and NoSQL databases, Linux and containers/virtual machines
- Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable web applications
- Familiarity with a variety of software patterns and principles
- Database skills – the ability to understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, such as implemented code against several different database platforms: RDBMS, NoSQL, and shared storage
- Experience with DevOps practices and working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- A proficient understanding of agile processes, CI/CD, and code versioning tools, such as Git
- The ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, communication skills, and ability to exercise mature judgment
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.