- Work on apps that revolutionize customer interaction at Sysco
- Be responsible for driving the development process from conception to release in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- This role is an opportunity to start at the ground level and develop the future of Sysco’s customer experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience developing on native iOS
- A passion for iOS and a commitment to building award-winning apps
- An expert-level understanding of the iOS SDK
- Native mobile application development on iOS with fluency in Swift, Core Foundation, UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Animation and other frameworks provided by Apple
- Experience with RxSwift, RxCocoa and MVVM is a must
- FRP (Functional Reactive Programming) experience with any other framework such as Combine is also considered
- Strong understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines as well as interaction design best practices
- Has shipped and maintained apps, knowing ins and outs of Apple’s submission process
- A passion for building consumer-facing applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Knowledge of Node.js, GraphQL and Apollo is an added advantage
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike
- Must have a passion for code quality and expertise in usability and mobile standards
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.