What you will be responsible for:
- Conduct Architecture Reviews across the Organization
- Build, mentor and be a role model to new engineers coming into the Organization
- Help drive next-generation technology trends within the Organization
- Provide technical direction to project teams
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A first Degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant Master’s Degree will be an added qualification
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in R&D projects preferred
- 2+ years of experience in 4IR technologies such as Machine Learning, IoT and Immersive Technology preferred
- 2+ years of Architecting Software
- Strong fundamentals on Architectural concepts
- The ability to learn new technology very quickly
- Strong cloud skills on AWS or AZURE, 3+ years at minimum
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for building the next level
- Exposure to microservices, front-end technologies such as React or Angular
- Excellent Team Player skills
- Openness to be Technology agnostic
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.