- Design and develop enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Architect and implement scalable software solutions and document design decisions.
- Carry out detailed technical designing of software solutions.
- Scope and break down user stories into clear and achievable technical tasks.
- Implementation of the technical design including coding, calling existing services, creating new components, etc.
- High standard of engineering quality through code reviews, unit tests, and analytics.
- Ensure engineering principles and related processes have been adhered to.
- Give constructive feedback to team members via code reviews and architectural reviews.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 6+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- Extensive experience with the Java/Spring stack, along with hands-on knowledge of RESTful APIs, microservices, performance optimizations, enterprise integration principles and modern deployment strategies (containerization principles).
- In-depth understanding of relational databases, schema design and SQL optimization. Knowledge on NoSQL databases would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Linux based systems, DevOps practices and prior experience working with cloud platforms (AWS preferred).
- Familiarity with data streaming concepts and related toolsets (Kafka, Apache Beam)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with Quality Engineering process and practices.
- Knowledge on front-end development (React/Redux stack) would be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition, and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Lead to join our team.