We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Lead to join our R&D team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Researching and developing solutions primarily on a 4IR tech stack of Machine Learning/IOT/Blockchain/AR, VR, MR for one of the world’s largest corporations
- Providing technical guidance to a team of 6 members
- Articulating technical decisions and solutions to both onshore and offshore teams
- Mentoring and grooming team members
- Designing and documenting software solutions
- Creating project estimates
- Ensuring engineering principles and related processes are adhered to
- Providing constructive feedback to team members via code, design and architectural reviews
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications
- 2+ years of experience providing guidance to a 4+ team
- 2+ years of experience working on one or more of the following technology stacks: Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, IoT and Immersive Technologies such as AR/VR/MR, Metaverse
- Familiar with a variety of software patterns and principles
- 2+ years of experience working in a Cloud environment
- Exposure to DevOps practices
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- A proficient understanding of agile processes, CI/CD, and code versioning tools, such as Git
- The ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, communication skills and ability to exercise mature judgment
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.