THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for Technical Leads with experience working on enterprise-scale applications and able to guide teams to deliver high-quality outputs while taking accountability for process adherence.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing and developing enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations
- Implementing distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands
- Leading and grooming a team of talented individuals and driving the team toward achieving common goals
- Adhering to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions
- Ensuring high code quality by following software engineering best practices
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- Adhering to DevOps principles and being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications
- Extensive experience with the Java/Spring-Boot stack, along with hands-on knowledge on RESTful APIs, microservices, performance optimizations, enterprise integration principles and modern deployment strategies (containerization principles)
- An in-depth understanding of relational databases, schema design and SQL optimization. Knowledge on NoSQL databases would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems, DevOps practices and prior experience working with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with data streaming concepts and related toolsets (Kafka)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, along with prior experience leading people
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment
- Familiarity with Quality Engineering processes and practices
- Knowledge of front-end development (React/Redux stack) would be an added advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.