What you will be responsible for:
- Designing and Developing cloud management applications for the organization and documentation of Environment, Product and Service BPP
- Leveraging Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (Infrastructure, applications and data technologies)
- Acting as SME for our multi-cloud multi-OS infrastructure services transformation process, creating architecture standards and processes for environment provisioning and deployment of applications
- Collaborating with product engineering teams to architect, design and develop secure, scalable, and highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership
- Evaluating technical risks and mapping out mitigation strategies while exceling in well-architected framework designs and best practices in AWS, GCP and Azure to promote cloud-native solutions to product engineering teams instead of lift and shift
- Cloud Identity and Access Management, Cloud Governance (Implement and enforce cloud best practices and compliance)
- Guiding and mentoring junior team members and always keeping a lookout for cloud-related technologies/trends and improving our knowledge base and engineering standards through documentation
- Providing solutions to problems and helping teams troubleshoot any issues in a timely manner
- Working with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, Cloud Formation and Kubernetes, for cloud operation work on AWS, GCP and Azure
- Ensuring the security and compliance of all Sysco’s infrastructure, data, applications and configurations
- Cloud adoption/migration strategies implementation for the Organization
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A successful track record in architecting, designing, implementing, and systems and infrastructure in a cloud computing environment including multi-cloud hybrid architectures
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; MSc or relevant postgraduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering and Operations
- A solid understanding of different cloud environments and applications, including hybrid scenarios, optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing and validating database and DR scenarios, security, and compliance
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including conditional access policies, tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, federated authentication vulnerability assessments, application firewalls and SIEM, etc.
- A proven track record on Cloud-to-Cloud and OnPrem-to-Cloud Migrations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical outcomes and opinions while listening to other’s points of view
- Strong oral, written and presentation abilities, and the ability to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition, and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.