THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
Sysco Corporation is a multi-cloud organization, and we are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Associate Technical Lead - Cloud Services for our global Cloud Services team. As a member of Sysco’s Cloud Services team, you will be participating in architecture of AWS, GCP and Azure environments, bring in engineering best practices, lead changes and inspire teams towards delivery excellence at Sysco.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing and Developing cloud management applications for the organization and documentation of Environment, Product and Service BPP
- Leveraging on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (Infrastructure, applications, and data technologies)
- Acting as SME for our multi-cloud multi-OS infrastructure services transformation process, creating architecture standards and processes for environment provisioning and deployment of applications
- Collaborating with product engineering teams to architect, design and develop secure, scalable, and highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership
- Taking responsibility for the evaluation of technical risks and mapping out mitigation strategies while excelling in well-architected framework designs and best practices in AWS, GCP and Azure to promote cloud-native solutions to product engineering teams instead of lift and shift
- Taking responsibility for Cloud Identity and Access Management, Cloud Governance (Implementing and enforcing cloud best practices and compliance)
- Guiding and mentoring junior team members and always keeping a lookout for cloud-related technologies/trends and improving our knowledgebase and engineering standards through documentation
- Providing solutions to problems, and helping teams troubleshoot any issues in a timely manner
- Planning and executing migration strategies to move existing systems and applications to cloud environments
- Evaluating and recommending appropriate Cloud services and solutions based on business needs, cost, performance, and security considerations of Sysco
- Analyzing cloud usage patterns, forecasting resource requirements, and planning for capacity upgrades to meet growing demands
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that the cloud infrastructure is scalable, cost-effective, and optimized for performance
- Ensuring the security and compliance of all Sysco’s infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations
- Troubleshooting and resolving Windows OS-related incidents and problems according to customer processes
- Designing/Developing PowerShell Scripts for Automation of Operational Processes, where appropriate
- Setting up and managing Windows Active Directory experience inclusive of managing GPOs and user profiles
- Bringing insights to drive success of Windows-based solutions by taking ownership of milestones within engagements
- Should have a successful track record in architecting, designing, implementing, and systems and infrastructure in a cloud computing environment including multi-cloud hybrid architectures
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; MSc or relevant postgraduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- 5+ years of industry experience and a minimum of 3+ years in cloud engineering and Operations
- A solid understanding of different cloud environments and applications, including hybrid scenarios, optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing, and validating database and DR scenarios, security, and compliance
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including conditional access policies, tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, federated authentication vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- A proven track record on Cloud-to-Cloud and On-prem to Cloud Migrations
- Expert knowledge in Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Management, AD security, DFS, FRS, AD troubleshooting
- A sound understanding of monitoring best practices, and compliance to best practices for security and operation
- Very good communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical outcomes and opinions while listening to others’ points of view
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities, able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.