THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for talented Business Analysts to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Liaising with the on-site product teams to develop product specifications
- Analyzing requirements and converting them to quality business solutions and effectively documenting and communicating them to project and product teams
- Working closely with delivery/product heads and conducting R&D based on the strategic product roadmap and elaborating on requirements by comparing and analyzing competitor products and producing effective business solutions
- Coordinating approval processes and clearly and confidently articulating user, business, and functional requirements to all concerned stakeholders including the management team, software engineering team, and quality assurance team
- Proactively resolving open issues and working with the delivery teams to address key defects
- Acting as the conduit between the product and delivery teams and ensuring high-level requirements are translated into the level of detail required
- Effectively planning, managing, and delivering requirements/BA tasks and activities and meeting the required project deadlines and targets with a strong focus on the quality of the product/solution
- Managing functional test suites and coordinating in-house training and product demos
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Management, Economics, or Finance; a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working with software models; mainly Agile, RUP, and waterfall models
- Professional certifications such as CBAP/PMP/ACP will be an added advantage
- The ability to interface with onsite staff and function as the single point of contact for requirements
- A passion for innovative product design and the ability to foresee business trends
- Excellent logical and analytical skills, with a strong eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in written and spoken English, and proven experience in writing user stories, use cases, and detailed software requirements specifications
- Curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Should have strong leadership, management, and organizational skills, including the ability to ensure schedules are met with a strong focus on quality
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.