THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Business Communications Specialist.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Taking ownership of all communications related to Innovation and the Supply Chain and Merchandizing (SCM) function at Sysco and Sysco LABS
- Working with local and onshore teams to fulfill a variety of Innovation and SCM storytelling and content requirements including newsletters, internal news updates and social media
- Regularly connecting with stakeholders across the organization to stay updated on the latest developments in SCM while identifying opportunities to tell audiences about the work done and achievements of the function
- Collaborating with the Marketing Team to provide updates on SCM and Innovation-related information for communications campaigns and other marketing activities
- Proactively speaking to pods and teams to understand programs and projects, providing recommendations on how to improve business storytelling around these initiatives
- Contributing to the creation of Innovation and SCM-related training material and communication of new features.
- 2+ years of experience working in a marketing team, content company or advertising agency
- 4+ years of experience in corporate/business storytelling and social media writing
- Must possess excellent spoken and written English skills and the ability to produce compelling content based on complex topics
- Should have experience working with designers/art directors
- Previous experience working with IT companies will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization
- Must be proactive and self-motivated, with a keen eye for detail and a flair for creative storytelling
- Director Marketing and or designated role at Marketing.
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.