THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for Intern - People Operations to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintaining an internal employee database
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to collect and verify data
- Ensuring the veracity of data
- Updating and filing internal documents
- Supporting onboarding activities
- Engaging in other projects and duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree (fully or partially completed) from a recognized local or foreign university or an equivalent qualification
- A professional qualification in Human Resource Management (fully or partially completed) will be an added advantage
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- An organized and highly detail-oriented personality
- Must be capable of prioritizing work in a dynamic environment, whilst driving tasks through to completion
- Should possess excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to take ownership of and ensure a high level of quality in all assigned tasks, while working on strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Prior experience in the HR field will be an added advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Exposure to the corporate culture of a Fortune 100 company
- An opportunity to work with and learn from industry specialists, and develop professionally in your chosen field
- Opportunities to network and build lasting professional relationships
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.