THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 700,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, Sysco generated over $68 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
The Property Team is part of Shared Services at Sysco LABS and plays an important role in the smooth operation of the company’s daily operations and security. The Intern – Property reports to the Associate Director – Property and Security, and will support the team with all its responsibilities across our two office locations in Colombo.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Coordinating administration tasks across facilities
- Handling purchase requisition, purchase orders and procurement
- Liaising with government agencies, vendors, suppliers, embassies, industry bodies and other third parties to expedite the timely completion of tasks and initiatives
- Assisting in office refurbishment and fit-out projects
- Assisting in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of infrastructure, utilities and related external and internal systems
- Contributing with new ideas that will enhance the office environment in partnership with other internal stakeholders
- Assisting the Marketing team in event management
- Proper documentation and filing of all related activities
- Assisting in providing a high-quality of service to all stakeholders
- Following a degree or diploma program will be an added advantage
- A high level of organization with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of office packages such as Excel and Powerpoint
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to establish priorities and excellent time management skills
- Potentially, a good cultural fit across all Sysco LABS departments
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Exposure to the corporate culture of a Fortune 100 company
- An opportunity to work with and learn from industry specialists, and develop professionally in your chosen field
- Opportunities to network and build lasting professional relationships
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.