THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for an Intern – Travel to join the Travel team at Sysco LABS. You will proactively engage and coordinate with the Head of Travel in assisting on all travel arrangements and associated tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Aiding with the handling of all travel arrangements for both inbound & outbound visitors (air, lodgings, ground transport, etc.)
- Aiding with the arrangement of all types of U.S. visas, inclusive of L1, H1B and B1/B2
- Coordinating corporate travel rotation programs by working closely with the U.S. Sales, Admin, and HR teams
- Updating & managing the travel database
- Creating weekly reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow-up on tasks with multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Flexibility, discretion, and the ability to respect confidentiality at all times
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Internal Air Transport Association (IATA) airline fares and ticketing qualifications or equivalent will be an added advantage.
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Exposure to the corporate culture of a Fortune 100 company
- An opportunity to work with and learn from industry specialists, and develop professionally in your chosen field
- Opportunities to network and build lasting professional relationships
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.