THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are looking for Operations Engineers to join the Technical Operations team at Sysco LABS. Operations Engineers will primarily provide comprehensive technical support services for various systems and platforms used by Sysco Corporation across the United States, Canada and Europe.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Providing reactive support through troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking users and detecting root cause(s) based on SLAs
- Identifying and resolving complex application, network, platform and cloud-based connectivity issues
- Ensuring that systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored within SLAs
- Engaging and coordinating with end-users, other stakeholders such as engineering and 3rd parties during the issue resolution process
- Supporting upgrades and new deployments of the applications
- Monitoring and proactively managing application issues
- Working on a roster covering 24/7 support to our end users
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 1–2 years of experience in technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge and experience on Windows Server/UNIX platforms
- Sound network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing
- Knowledge of SQL; the ability to write and execute queries and understand databases
- Knowledge in Shell or Python scripting will be an added advantage
- Oracle DBMS and PL SQL knowledge will be an added advantage
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.