THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Project Manager to join our team of technologists who work on solutions that are revolutionizing the future of a trillion-dollar, global industry!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Coordinating with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within scope
- Developing technically feasible project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Developing detailed project plans to track progress and using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope and schedule
- Identifying roadblocks and risks with the team, and actively working on eliminating both, with escalation done as required
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks
- Liaising continuously with the product owner to ensure user stories are clearly defined, estimated and prioritized, and ensuring a daily status is communicated to management and other stakeholders
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Agile project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Professional certifications such as PMP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of risk identification and mitigation
- Business domain knowledge and a technical background will be highly advantageous
- Excellent stakeholder management skills together with a commitment to all-round quality
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.