THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 700,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, Sysco generated over $68 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Quality Engineer/Senior Quality Engineer to join us and work with our teams across the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Creating and enhancing test cases and executing them with limited supervision
- Providing constructive feedback on test cases/test plans developed by junior team members
- Reviewing functional and non-functional requirements and specifications
- Producing test artifacts such as Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Metrics reports.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues, analyzing root causes with relevant tools, and logging defects in the defect tracking system with adequate information
- Working closely with development teams to shake out bugs early in the development process
- Building and establishing the overall QE process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT or an equivalent qualification
- 2-3 years of work experience in software testing
- Experience in test planning, test design and functionality testing
- Expert knowledge of quality engineering methodologies, automated testing tools (Selenium/Appium), and continuous integration systems
- Experience in QE tools such as QMetry, HP ALM, JIRA and Confluence
- Strong Knowledge in Java, OOP concepts and coding standards
- Must be skilled at evaluating existing processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement; designing Proof of Concepts that best fit company needs
- A solid practical understanding on Agile Software Testing and Software Engineering concepts
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills including problem-solving, prioritizing interpersonal relationship-building
- A thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge
- The ability to work independently and maintain good relationships with the team members
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.