THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 71,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Quality Engineering Lead to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leading and mentoring a team of QE Engineers focused on building processes for data integration process testing and data quality testing
- Defining and implementing test strategies for data pipelines, ETL processes, and data transformations
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and translating them into effective testing strategies
- Defining automation framework for data testing, developing and managing test scripts using Python and ETL tools
- Conducting code and design reviews to ensure testability, reliability, and scalability of data engineering solutions
- Managing end-to-end testing processes, including integration testing, system testing, and performance testing
- Establishing and enforcing best practices for data quality assurance and testing within the team
- Collaborating with Data Engineers to enhance the testing process and improve overall data quality
- Providing technical leadership and guidance on QE best practices for Data Engineering projects
- Ensuring the team follows established Sysco Quality Engineering processes for data testing and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
- Mentoring, training, and leading a team of Quality Engineers
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification, and 5+ years of industry experience
- Significant experience in Quality Engineering with a strong focus on data engineering and ETL processes
- Proven leadership experience, including mentoring and managing a team of QE engineers
- Expertise in the Python programming language in test automation
- In-depth knowledge of ETL tools and data warehousing concepts
- Strong database and SQL skills; must be able to optimize and troubleshoot queries
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of software testing processes, practices, and test design techniques
- Experience in building tools for data and process validation/testing related to ‘data integration’ and ‘data warehousing’ projects
- A solid practical understanding of Agile Software Testing and Software Engineering concepts
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage
- A thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge
- The ability to estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.