- Create and enhance test cases and execute them with limited supervision.
- Provide constructive feedback on test cases/ test plans developed by Junior team members.
- Review functional and non-functional requirements and specifications.
- Produce test Artifacts such as Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Metrics reports.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues, analyze root cause with relevant tools, and log defects in defect tracking system with adequate information.
- Work closely with development teams to shake out bugs early in the development process.
- Build and establish the overall QE process.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in software testing.
- Experience in test planning, test design, and functionality testing.
- Expert knowledge of quality engineering methodologies, automated testing tools (Selenium/ Appium), and continuous integration systems.
- Experience in QE tools such as QMetry, HP ALM, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Strong Knowledge in Java, OOP concepts and coding standards.
- Skilled at evaluating existing processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement; designing proof of concepts that best fit company needs.
- A solid practical understanding in Agile Software Testing and Software Engineering concepts.
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills including problem-solving, prioritizing, and interpersonal relationship building.
- Has a thirst for learning and regularly updates knowledge.
- Has the ability to work independently and maintain good relationships with team members.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.