We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer/Associate Technical Lead with Front-end Development Expertise for a RPA-based project to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs
- Identifying web-based user interactions
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Producing high quality code to meet product/platform requirements
- Adhering to architecture standards and development best practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis and secure coding
- Writing technical user stories and ensuring that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolving defects and managing technical debt
- Developing unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assisting in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practicing DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactively monitoring/telemetry
- Participating in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Performing spikes and investigations to evaluate new tools/technologies
- Collaborating with the team to support end-to-end including design, development, QA, deployment and production support
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in coding, testing and application development in an agile environment
- In-depth knowledge on building React-based web applications, as well as using react tools such as Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Express
- Good knowledge of utilizing CSS/SCSS, HTML and other front-end languages/frameworks
- Experience at a basic level of UI design or working with extracting design elements from existing designs and design collaboration tools
- Experience at any level with Robotic Process Automation tools, preferably with Blue Prism, would be highly advantageous
- Good knowledge of database architectures and SQL
- Knowledge of DevOps tools including Jenkins and SonarQube preferred
- Practical experience of Java, .NET, Ruby, Python or other relevant modern programming languages
- Good understanding of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other agile development techniques
- Experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform such as AWS
- A basic understanding of DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment/delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring
- A demonstrated “agile-development” mindset with strong customer-focus and results-orientation
- A flexible mindset (not married to a single language) and a strong desire to continue to grow skillset and work across the full technology stack
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.