THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer – Application Technology (ServiceNow)
As the ServiceNow Developer, you will be a part of the Sysco ITSM Site Reliability Engineering team based in Sri Lanka and will be responsible for the design and maintenance of the ServiceNow deployment at Sysco. You will work with the ITSM team and various business owners to define and optimize the ServiceNow workflows, dashboards, and automate alerts.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working closely with the IT team and service owners to build requested items, using workflows to manage processes from the customer to fulfilment teams
- Creating notifications to act as communications from the system to the various teams in the organization. Performing installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption to IT operations
- Developing and maintaining ServiceNow Design Documentation, and Documentation for ServiceNow code and configuration
- Developing Systems integrations with ServiceNow and other systems, and process automation
- Conducting Technical Analysis on the ServiceNow applications and modules to identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Performing ServiceNow Application Configurations and developing Custom Code for ServiceNow application modules where applicable
- Implementing and maintaining tables and developing Database views, Access Controls, Business Rules, Script Includes, Workflows, Reports, Catalog Items, UI Scripts, Client Scripts and UI Policies, Events, and Notifications within the ServiceNow platform
- Monitoring system stability and performance metrics to prevent service degradation or interruption
- Working in Agile SDLC methodologies for Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production. Creating Transform maps to import data into ServiceNow tables by mapping field value
- Maintaining and continually improving processes, standards, policies, working methods and tools
- Ensuring configuration consistency and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
- 1-3+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 1-2+ years of ServiceNow experience
- 1-2+ years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions (e.g.: Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Configuration Management)
- Advanced understanding of ITIL processes and their linkages
- ITIL Foundations certification recommended; higher ITIL certifications will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or equivalent
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in scripting, integrations, platform configuration, design, Service Portal customization, and deployment
- Experience with custom application development including Custom Service Portal widget creation Experience with rebuilding legacy applications in ServiceNow a plus
- Experience developing and customizing core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and Service Catalog
- Development experience with object-oriented programming languages will be an added advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.