THE BIG PICTURE
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center for Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest foodservice provider with 72,000+ associates, 330+ distribution centers and over 725,000 customers in 90 countries. For fiscal 2023 that ended July 1, 2023, Sysco generated over $76 billion in sales.
Sysco LABS powers Sysco’s farm-to-fork operations and our technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
Our technology ecosystem spans 600+ applications, monitoring and incident management across 10,000+ servers, multi-cloud – multi-platform event streaming and microservices architecture, and enterprise-grade systems that power a catalog of over 1.4 million products, 330+ distribution centers and a fleet of 14,000 IoT-enabled delivery trucks, and more.
Everything we do at Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s Purpose of ‘Connecting the world to share food and care for one another’, and our technology directly impacts millions of food consumers in a trillion-dollar, global industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Technical Lead/Technical Lead – DevOps to strengthen cloud practices and ensure the smooth operation of a multi-cloud environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Researching, evaluating and recommending DevOps tools in multiple technologies for multiple development teams
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems
- Building, releasing and configuration management of production systems that need to be supported 24* 7 uptime
- Ensuring critical system security using the best-in-class cloud security solutions
- Coaching development teams in DevOps practices and guiding the team to implement effective DevOps
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- Being involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle from development to QA to deployment and post-production support
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; For STL: 8 years of experience in DevOps; For TL: 6+ years of experience in DevOps
- A strong knowledge of AWS cloud computing and AWS DevOps tools
- Strong knowledge of fundamental DevOps tools such as AWS DevOps tools, Terraform, Jenkins, GoCD, GitHub, Nagios, Chef, etc.
- Strong knowledge on containerization of software packages using solutions such as Dockerization, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting DevOps tools in production systems
- Adherence to engineering standards, and best practices – must be process-oriented
- Strong communication skills – reading and comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, and the ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT SYSCO LABS
- An attractive base compensation package comfortably above market rates
- Performance rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- A health and wellness allowance
- A team outing allowance
- Paid birthday leave
- Learning and development allowance
- Overseas travel opportunities and exposure to client environments
- A progressive culture that promotes work-life harmony and personal development
Sysco LABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.