- Participating in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into software design
- Driving teams and ensuring the overall integrity of the software design and validating it against the system architecture
- Actively participating in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases
- Actively participating in the design and development phases to ensure the successful delivery of all Sysco Innovations projects
- Monitoring key results and generating metrics across the project portfolio
- Building strong relationships across the Sysco hierarchy and mentoring US and SL-based team members; identifying new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth
- A first degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant Master’s Degree will be an added qualification
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Preferably, 2+ years of experience in R&D projects
- Preferably, 2+ years of experience in 4IR technologies such as Machine Learning, IoT and Immersive Technology
- 2+ years of Architecting Software
- Strong fundamentals on Architectural concepts
- The ability to learn new technology very quickly
- Strong cloud skills on AWS or AZURE; 3+ years of experience at minimum
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for building the next level
- Exposure to microservices, front-end technologies such as React or Angular
- Excellent teamwork skills
- An openness to being technology agnostic
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates
- The opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals across the organization
- Technical training and soft skills development programs
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.